Karate training means ENDLESS REPETITION. This is the only means to efficiency. There is no shortcut to progress, so work with all your strength and spirit when you train.
To aid the novice, the progression of learning is as follows:
- Position – stance.
- Balance – control of position.
- Co-ordination – control of balance and position in technique.
- Form – performing the above correctly.
- Speed – increase the rate of performance without loss of form.
- Power – strengthening the technique.
- Reflex – the technique becomes a natural movement.
It is essential that the progression is not rushed, but developed at each stage. Karate
can be very exciting and beneficial. The discipline is also very hard.